Thursday, September 27, 2007

Priorities

I need to play with my dogs more, and snuggle my cats. My loyal babies are always wanting to play or snuggle at times I deem inconvenient, so they get scolded and pushed away. It takes no time and little energy to throw Abby's rubber bone across the room for her to fetch and based on the wiggles it thrills her puppy heart to the core. And when Scrappy walks across my keyboard to head butt me, instead of tossing him on the floor, it's easy to take a moment to snuggle him. These guys are the ones who are always there for me, despite the fact that i ignore them too much. I'm selfish when it comes to them. I take their comfort and affection when I want it, but don't give them the paitence and time I should....

I'm going to try harder to appreciate the small wonders in my life instead of wallowing in the things that depress me.

1 comment:

mischief said...

They know you love them. That's the thing about the fuzzy babies. They're better at loving than we are. They teach us all the time. :)